A unique self-contained
system for either INTERMITTENT or INDWELLING catheterisation.
Sterile Field Urinary Intermittent Catheter
A completely closed system
to protect the catheter from contamination by the operator. It also
bypasses organisms in the first 1.5cm of the distal urethra - the
source of most pathogens causing nosocomial UTI's.
O'Neil Sterile Field
Urinary Catheters Features:
- Prelubricated catheter
- Has its own sterile
field bag which replaces the traditional sterile field gowns,
- Complete with drainage
bag. Intermittent-sterile field bag doubles as a urine collection
bag. Indwelling catheter is available without drainage bag enabling
the user to chose a drainage bag.
- Unique silicone
introducer which extends the sterile field into the body
- Quick and easy to
- Suitable for spinal
injury units, labour wards, casualty theatres, general urology,
home nursing services and self-catheterisation.
- O'Neil AGB, Jenkins DT, Wells, JL. A New Catheter
For The Female Patient Aust NZ Journal Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- O'Neil AGB. The Bacterial Content Of The Female
Urethra. A New Study Method. British Journal Of Urology (1981);
- Urological Product research for the Spinal Cord
Injury Patient Requiring Intermittent Catheterisation. Texas Rehabilitation
- Abstract. The Use of a Closed Intermittent Catheter
System in Hospitalised Patients Following Spinal Cord Injury.
Mary N Young et al, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Oct 92, Volume 73 #10, page 983.
- Difference In Urinary Tract Infections in Male
and Female Spinal Cord Injury Patients on Intermittent Cathterisation.
C.J Bennett, M.N Young, H Darrington. Paraplegia (1994), 33, 69-72.
- Abstract. The Effect of Urethral Introducer Tip
Catheters on the Incidence of UTI outcomes in SCI Patients On
Intermittent Catheterisation Across Multiple Variables. M Young,
C Bennett et al. The Journal Of Spinal Cord Medicine. April 1995,
Volume 18, No. 2, page 112.
- No-Touch Catheterisation and infection rates
in a Select Spinal Cord Injured Population. R. Charbonneau-Smith.
rehabilitation Nursing Volume 18, No. 5 Sept/Oct 1993.
- ONS M10: 10 Fg Intermittent
- ONS M12: 12 Fg Intermittent
- ONS M14: 14 Fg Intermittent
- ONS B14: 14 Fg Intermittent
Sterile Field Urinary Intermittent Catheter Kit
- Intermittent catheter.
- Povidone iodine pre-pads.
- Gauze cloth.
- Blue underpad.
- ONS M10 K: 10 Fg Catheter
- ONS M12 K: 12 Fg Catheter
- ONS M14 K: 14 Fg Catheter
- ONS B14 K: 14 Fg Catheter
- Colour coded funnel.
- Eyelets on side of lumen
to help avoid abrasion.
- IND P12: 12 Fg Indwelling
- IND P14: 14 Fg Indwelling
- IND P16: 16 Fg Indwelling